- We envision a world where communities build, maintain, and own their own share of the global computer network.
- The FNF is a registered 501c3 non-profit based in the United States. We envision a world where communities build, maintain, and own their own share of the global computer network. We engineer tools and develop educational resources to facilitate the deployment of resilient, responsive, and accessible Free networks.
Who We Are
- We are an organization committed to the tenets of freedom of information.
- We hold that advances in information technology provide humanity with the ability to effectively face global challenges.
- We contend that our very ability to mobilize, organize, and bring about change depends on our ability to communicate.
- We see that our ability to communicate is purchased from a handful of entities.
- We believe that access to a free network is a human right, and a necessary tool for environmental and social justice.
What We’re Doing
- We envision communications infrastructure that is owned and operated cooperatively, by the whole of humanity.
- We are using the power of peer-to-peer technologies to create a global network which is resistant to censorship and breakdown.
- We promote freedoms, support innovations and advocate technologies that enhance and enable digital self-determination.
How To Help
- Tell your friends. There is only one true social network – the human one: use it to spread word of our work.
- Sign up for our e-mail list. This is our primary mode of communication, collaboration, and exchange. Come join the conversation.
- Contribute. Make a cash donation, by clicking ‘Donate,’ on the right side of the page, or contribute your time and expertise. The FNF operates completely though crowdsourcing and volunteer labor. That means a lot of small donations from people like you. Money goes to pay for colocation, bandwidth and development machines.
/img/cc_white.png" height=50px width=50px>